Current Employment Opportunities:
We are always accepting applications for the Coach Operator position. If you would like to apply, please do so by picking up an application located at the Joshua Tree office, Monday through Fridays between 8am – 5pm. We ask that you return this with a current drivers record.
You may also print and complete the Coach Operator Employment Application and mail it with a current drivers record to Morongo Basin Transit Authority, 62405 Verbena Road, Joshua Tree CA 92252.
SAFETY & TRAINING SUPERVISOR
Position Purpose: Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, the Safety and Training Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and direction of vehicle operational activities and will be recognized as the agencies training instructor. The training instructor develops, assesses, and delivers agency-wide training including Federal/State-mandated training, new vehicle operator training, and other training as assigned to support the transportation services provided by the MBTA. This position will ensure that the highest level of safety and quality of service is provided to community.
Essential Job Duties:
The following is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the essential functions of the Safety and Training Supervisor position, but rather a general description of some of the requirements necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Assist and/or conducts investigations related to collisions, incidents, customer complaints and other items of concern. Prepare and complete necessary documentation of reports.
- Provide field supervision, monitoring Coach Operator / service related activities as needed, document field time and activities on the daily field report that is to be submitted to the Operations Manager. Under normal circumstance seventy-five (75%) percent of workday is expected to be spent in the field, unless training activities are being conducted.
- Monitor and respond to on vehicle disturbances; provide assistance to vehicle operators as requested or deemed necessary.
- Daily supervision of route pullouts between both facilities (Joshua Tree & 29 Palms yard).
- Conduct on-time performance for all services provided and Ready Ride customer road checks.
- Promote the agencies, Safety, Health and Training programs.
- Assist in coordination / implementation of company events, safety meetings, etc.
- Conduct vehicle exchanges or other tasks as requested by Dispatch, Operations & Maintenance Departments or as supervisor deems necessary. Keep key department staff informed of service and/or equipment related items.
- Conduct routine vehicle spot checks for cleanliness, stocked with essential daily items (schedules, brochures, etc.). Maintain Riders Guide outlets and posting of any service change related items.
- Provide route coverage or assist in operator capacity as requested or deemed necessary. Maintain appropriate driver credentials in order to be able to perform this function.
- Interact with employees. Establish and maintain positive relationships amongst co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Must be able to respond in a timely manner and prioritize tasks based on urgency and impact to the service. Be available during off periods for operational needs (provide guidance via telephone or respond as situation dictates).
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Provide classroom and behind the wheel instruction to new hire candidates and current employees in defensive driving, passenger assistance, documentation, route planning/mapping, service area familiarization, emergency procedures and all aspects of a vehicle operator position.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations and company policy and that all training records are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that all operators are fully trained prior to being released into revenue service. · Assists the Operations Manager in the recruitment process and the involvement of various safety committees.
- Conduct Coach Operator evaluations (annual onboard, tailgates, new operator post training, investigative and follow up).
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
· Must meet all job requirements and essential job functions of a bus operator and a Cadet Instructor.
· Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience as a bus operator in similar type service.
· No preventable collisions within previous year.
· Demonstrate exemplary interpersonal & customer relations skills.
· Have and maintain exemplary driving, attendance and job performance records.
· Exhibit support of agencies objectives and goals.
· Must be able to communicate and coach effectively.
· Must be able to obtain various Federal and State Certificates that are essential to the position.
· Must have a flexible work schedules to fit the operational needs.
Please submit a resume and specific letter of interest for this position electronically to Matt Atkins at [email protected].