Current Employment Opportunities:
GENERAL MANAGER RECRUITMENT
Overview: The Morongo Basin Transit Authority (MBTA) is a Joint Powers Authority located in Southern California’s desert area in San Bernardino County. The Authority is comprised of the County of San Bernardino, City of Twentynine Palms and Town of Yucca Valley.
The Authority is seeking a highly motivated, visionary executive to direct the MBTA’s transit operations and improve mobility for the citizens of the Morongo Basin.
Essential Job Duties:
- Determine MBTA’s mobility and transportation infrastructure needs and communicate with stakeholders by overseeing the service planning process facilitation and prioritization of the region’s transportation projects and participating in meetings of various affiliated transportation-related organizations.
- Maximize the effectiveness of the organization, meet legal requirements, and collaborate to improve customer service by participating in Board meetings, staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with colleagues.
- Ensure effective transportation service and infrastructure solutions are planned, implemented and monitored by providing leadership to the staff with regard to performance measures, changes to state and federal law, program development requirements and MBTA’s strategic direction. Exercise full range of supervisory authority with subordinate staff, including implementation and oversight of staff selection, training, performance management, performance evaluations and separation; meet with staff to determine needs, feel pulse of operations and uphold customer service and morale.
- Maintain service excellence and adequate funding by preparing the annual budget, conducting periodic budget performances reviews, and overseeing grant administration. A familiarity with Federal rural grant programs (5310, 5311, 5311f, CMAQ) administered by the DOT is a plus.
- Provide strategic direction on transportation issues by maximizing mobility and transportation infrastructure planning to meet the region’s needs.
- Stay current with grant and regulatory requirements and coordinate service while collaborating on promotion and improvements by communicating with transportation partners.
- Be able to adapt to constant change, keep abreast of regulatory and grant requirements, and look for improvement opportunities by keeping up with news and legislative actions that affect transportation regionally, statewide and nationally.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to customer/stakeholder concerns, complaints and compliments.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Transportation Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field of study is desired. A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in planning, directing, organizing, managing or administering a transportation agency with planning function required; Professional service must also include at least 5 years of direct supervisory or management level transportation or public agency experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Compensation: An excellent compensation package DOQ will be provided. MBTA is a member of the CalPERS system for its health and retirement programs.
Please submit a resume and specific letter of interest for this position electronically to Joe Meer at [email protected] by Friday, December 31, 2021.
We are always accepting applications for the Coach Operator position. If you would like to apply, please do so by picking up an application located at the Joshua Tree office, Monday through Fridays between 8am – 5pm. We ask that you return this with a current drivers record.
You may also print and complete the Coach Operator Employment Application and mail it with a current drivers record to Morongo Basin Transit Authority, 62405 Verbena Road, Joshua Tree CA 92252.